How hard do we work at our relationships with those that we say we love? Is it at the same level as our educations or careers; or is it more? Because people grow and change (in healthy relationships) it’s necessary to grow and change and work harder even to stay on top of things. To stay in fellowship or to stay in love takes work, hard work. And if anything else is assumed, than anything is incorrect.
How badly do you desire the relationship to work? Then that’s how hard you need to work on it.
5 Ways To Work Harder
1) Ask questions to see what’s changed if anything and to stay current. (This shows love and interest.)
2) Read books and healthy articles that improve yourself for relationships.
3) Check in to see if your loved one/friend needs are being met. If you find it’s some where you are lacking, do your best to change that.
4) Be in a great relationship with yourself. (Take great care of yourself spiritually, mentally, emotional, physically, and otherwise.)
5) Don’t ever assume that just because your loved one/friend knows you love and care for them that going the extra mile to show it is unnecessary.